Testosterone Cypionate is a testosterone ester and a long acting injectable anabolic steroid. It is the most commonly used form of testosterone in the United States, largely due to its relatively mild side effects profile. In this article, we will discuss its benefits, dosage, cycle and side-effects.
What is Testosterone Cypionate?
Testosterone Cypionate is white or has a creamy appearance. It’s odorless and tasteless, dissolving in oil while having the consistency of an oily liquid. It does not dissolve quickly in oil-based liquids, but can be blended with other oils, fats or alcohols more easily. This gives the steroid its unique properties of being able to control release rates because once dissolved it is very stable.
Testosterone Cypionate is one of the many forms of testosterone available on the market, making it a popular option because of its wide availability. The attached ester will greatly affect how long it’s active and its release time into your system. Cypionate is one of the most popular esters due to the fact it stays active in your body longer than others.
Testosterone Cypionate is the term used to refer to any ester of testosterone that is attached to the Cypionate molecule.
Lastly, Testosterone cypionate is used in men who do not naturally produce testosterone so they need the extra help to maintain healthy body functions. This drug helps fight fatigue, weakness, and loss of mental function or memory due to low levels of this male hormone. It can also improve your libido by stimulating sexual drive and feelings.
Read also about What is a steroid cycle?
Benefits of using Testosterone Cypionate?
Testosterone Cypionate has many benefits that are not limited to performance enhancement. Testosterone Cypionate helps in building muscle mass, increasing strength and improving moods.
Testosterone Cypionate can be used by athletes to enhance their performance and increase their muscle mass. Testosterone Cypionate can also be used by people who have low levels of testosterone due to the condition known as hypogonadism or testicular failure.
There are several reasons why you would use testosterone cypionate if your doctor prescribes it for you. Some of these reasons include:
- Testosterone is the major hormone responsible for the development and maintenance of male secondary sexual characteristics such as facial hair, deep voice, and muscular mass.
- Testosterone cypionate improves endurance and stimulates metabolism.
- Testosterone cypionate promotes protein synthesis which can enhance athletic performance.
- Testosterone increases your strength and lean mass.
- Testosterone cypionate helps with the development of erythropoiesis, resulting in increased red blood cell count and strength.
- Testosterone is used to treat males who lack or have low testosterone due to certain medical conditions such as: pituitary gland disorder, HIV/AIDS wasting syndrome, genetic deficiencies, and some types of anemia.
- Testosterone cypionate increases bone mass and strength by promoting increased bone formation and decreased bone breakdown.
How to use Testosterone Cypionate?
Most doctors that prescribe dosage schedules for esterified and non-esterified steroids usually suggest pegging the injection to twice a day. Some injectable forms require the drug be injected into specific muscle groups, typically buttocks. This is because it has a very high-fat solubility which allows it to be slowly released into your body over time rather than all at once like other steroids.
Testosterone Cypionate can be used as a cutting agent to help you lose weight while also maintaining your lean muscle mass. Testosterone Cypionate can also be used by athletes to increase their strength and power during training.
In addition, unlike anabolic steroids, testosterone doesn’t give you a rush of energy and strength right away. It takes time for the hormone to build up in your system, so exercise should be avoided 6-24 hours after injections. Doing it too soon can be dangerous because your blood’s ability to clot will be decreased which means someone who isn’t fit will be at risk of deep vein thrombosis.
Testosterone Cypionate has a half-life that lasts from 8 to 13 days. If it’s injected every two weeks, you’ll need to wait this period before taking more of the drug so your levels don’t exceed normal limits.
The positive effects of using Testosterone Cypionate
There are positive effects when using Testosterone cypionate,
Testosterone Cypionate also improves muscle mass, strength, and bone density in menopausal women due to a decrease in estrogen levels.
Another benefit is that testosterone cypionate can stop hair loss in men with male pattern baldness.
Also, testosterone cypionate can slow down the development of atherosclerosis in men with low testosterone.
In addition, testosterone cypionate can be used to treat men with sexual dysfunction such as erectile dysfunctions, low libido, and infertility. It can also help increase fertility in men by increasing sperm motility and count.
Last but not least, testosterone cypionate can help treat metabolic and eating disorders such as muscle wasting and anorexia.
What are the side effects of Testosterone Cypionate?
Testosterone cypionate is fine to use if prescribed by your doctor. You may have some minor side effects that go away after a short period of time. Such common side effects include acne, prostate enlargement, excessive sweating, injection site pain, and oily skin.
Testosterone cypionate may worsen the symptoms of certain mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or psychotic behavior. This can include hostility towards others or taking advantage of them for personal gain.
There are possible serious side effects associated with Testosterone cypionate. Patients with certain medical conditions such as heart disease, kidney or liver dysfunction, or failure should avoid using this steroid. You may also experience some side effects if you have a family history of:
- Breast cancer
- Blood clots in the lung and legs
- Prostate cancer and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)
- Increased aggression and libido
- Enlarged breasts
- Swelling of the feet or ankles, rapid weight gain due to water retention (fluid retention)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Irregular menstrual periods in women
- Liver toxicity.
In addition to potential side effects, there may be some lasting ones that you will need to deal with such as:
- Low sperm count and decreased sperm movement (also known as “testicular atrophy”)
- Lowered testosterone levels in the body can cause negative effects on health and well-being. You might experience symptoms such as:
- Increased anxiety
- Memory loss
- Erectile dysfunction.
Some of these negative side effects may not go away even after you stop using testosterone cypionate, but they might diminish over time. Some men experience infertility that lasts for several months though one study showed some were able to impregnate their wives after six months.
As far as treatment goes, if you experience infertility due to Testosterone cypionate use doctors may prescribe human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) which stimulates your testicles to produce more testosterone naturally. However, one study found that men who took HCG did not achieve any better results than men who did not.
How Testosterone Cypionate works inside the body?
Testosterone cypionate is a single-ester, long-acting form of testosterone.
This medication comes in the form of an injection and contains testosterone cypionate which is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream after being injected into the buttock muscle.
Testosterone cypionate increases levels of this hormone in your body when your own production is suppressed. This treatment is used to help decrease fatigue and increase weight gain.
It also improves muscle mass, strength, and bone density in menopausal women due to a decrease in estrogen levels.
The proper dosage instructions for Testosterone Cypionate
The proper dosage of Testosterone cypionate is between 100mg and 400mg per week.
Your doctor will give you the right dose depending on your condition and the severity of your symptoms.
You should not increase or decrease this dosage unless directed by your doctor.
Testosterone Cypionate dosage during PCT
After using anabolic steroids, you will need to take a post cycle therapy (PCT) and Testosterone cypionate is one of several anabolic steroids commonly used during PCT.
It is generally preferred as the first-choice testosterone for PCT because it quickly raises testosterone levels in your body with quick results after injection.
The standard dose is 400mg per week for 12 weeks. This dose is divided into two or three injections of 400mg or 200mg each.
Your doctor will determine the right dosage depending on your condition and the severity of your symptoms.
You should not change this dosage unless directed by your healthcare provider.
Take note that using testosterone cypionate without a post cycle therapy (PCT) plan can put you at risk for some of these side effects and negative health effects.
Testosterone Cypionate proper cycle
Testosterone Cypionate proper cycle consists of three weeks of injections followed by two weeks off. This cycle is recommended for those who are looking for maximum muscle gains.
Testosterone Cypionate cycle can be used by both men and women. It should be used for 4-6 weeks on and off, with a break in between each cycle of 2 weeks.
Testosterone Cypionate proper cycle has been shown to provide significant gains in muscle mass, strength, performance, as well as sexual function.
Can Testosterone Cypionate be stacked for better results?
You can stack Testosterone cypionate with other medications such as:
Anastrozole – a medication that stops the conversion of testosterone to estrogen in postmenopausal women.
Nandrolone – a synthetic steroid hormone used for treatment in men and women usually along with anabolic steroids like Testosterone cypionate.
Oxandrolone – a medication similar to anabolic steroids that are used for the treatment of HIV/AIDS-related weight loss in adults.
Additionally, Testosterone cypionate stacks well with other testosterone medications used in the treatment of anemia due to kidney failure, delayed puberty and osteoporosis.
Lastly, it can be stacked with Trilostane to reduce side effects like hair loss.
Is Testosterone Cypionate a legal supplement?
Testosterone cypionate is considered a prescription medication.
It has to be prescribed by your doctor and you need to follow the directions on the label of the product.
You should not take more than recommended or stop using this treatment without consulting your doctor first.
If you want to pass a drug test, you have to follow the directions on the label of the product.
You should not take more than recommended or stop using this treatment without consulting your doctor first.
Product reviews for Testosterone Cypionate
- Jacob Watson (January 4, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate is the best testosterone booster on the market. I’ve tried a lot of different ones and this one is by far the best. It’s a great product and it works wonders for me.”
- Gary Campbell (February 25, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate made my life and my gym in general so much better. It is a reliable, quick-acting, and effective compound that I would recommend to any lifter or athlete.”
- Andrew Young (June 18, 2021): “I have been taking Testosterone Cypionate for a long time now and I think it has helped me tremendously in building strength. It is the only product I have tried that really gives me optimal results.”
- George Nelson (July 27, 2021): “I’m really happy with the product. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this good about my body and testosterone levels. I’m really glad that I found Testosterone Cypionate, it is definitely worth the money!”
- Oliver Cook (September 4, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate is a really good product. It’s not as expensive as other products and it works really well. I recommend this product to anyone looking for testosterone replacement therapy.”
- Ryan Rogers (September 15, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate is a great product. It has helped me with my workouts and has helped me build muscle mass. I’m looking forward to trying other products from this company!”
- Noah Clark (October 26, 2021): “I have been using Testosterone Cypionate for a few months now and I must say that it is the best product on the market. It has helped me cut body fat and keep my muscle mass. If you’re looking to improve your physique, this product is for you!”
- Anthony Johnson (November 8, 2022): “I use Testosterone Cypionate with some other products and I’ve noticed that it really does help me build muscle. It also helps increase my sex drive which is definitely what every guy needs.”
- Steven Cox (November 23, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate is the best testosterone supplement on the market. It has no fillers or additives and doesn’t contain any estrogen-blocking ingredients like some other brands. I’ve been using it for a few years now and it’s always been a great product.”
- William Green (December 12, 2021): “Testosterone Cypionate is the most effective and efficient way to supplement your testosterone levels. It’s easy to use, affordable, and provides quick results.”
Summary and conclusion
Testosterone Cypionate is a popular steroid that has been in use since the 1960s. It is a testosterone derivative that has been shown to provide significant benefits for muscle building and performance enhancement.
Testosterone Cypionate is the most popular steroid among bodybuilders because of its fast-acting nature and ability to increase free testosterone levels in the body. It should not be used by individuals who are already on estrogen or corticosteroid therapy, as this can lead to serious health complications.
In conclusion, Testosterone Cypionate has proven to be effective for muscle building and performance enhancement, but should not be used by individuals who are already on estrogen or corticosteroid therapy.